Tape in hair extensions are a quick and easy method that result in a very natural look – no one will guess you’re wearing extensions! Here is all you need to know!
What are tape in hair extensions?
Tape in hair extensions become a bestseller in many of our markets. Rapunzel of Sweden calls the method Quick & Easy and Rapunzel Sleek Tape Extension – a method that gives you long, voluminous, natural-looking hair in less than an hour. Tape in extensions are available in lots of different colours, lengths and qualities. Just like your own hair, this real hair can become a part of your look. Style according to your own hairstyle or mood.
What are the advantages of tape?
1.Each piece is light so it does not hurt your hair
2.It has a very good hair growth effect for thinning hair
3.It looks natural because it is thin and light
4.Because of the special design, it is easy to remove
5.Purchase refill tape can be reused, saving money and high utilization rate
How to attach tape in hair extensions?
- Wash your hair. Extensions will last longer if you apply them to clean hair. Before applying your extensions, wash and dry your hair as you normally would
- Make a part across your scalp. About an inch from the nape of your neck, use your finger or a comb to make a horizontal part. You will apply the extensions near the line made by the part. This way, your upper hair will hide the clips
- Section off the top hair. You can use a hair tie or hair clips to secure all the hair above the part line. Just make sure it's completely secured. You do not want any hair falling down and getting in the way while you're securing your extensions.
- Attach the bottom extension under the thin portion of hair. Take your strand of hair and lift it up a little. Remove the strip covering the adhesive on the bottom extension. Press on the bottom extension underneath the thin strand of hair you're lifting
- Secure the top extension. Take the top extension. After removing the adhesive tape covering that extension, press on top of your strand of hair. The top and bottom extension should stick together. Then press them together with pliers for a few seconds to secure them
- Repeat the process. Move across your side part, repeating this process until you have added all the extensions. The precise number of extensions you are adding depends on the size of your head. You will likely use about 5 rows of hair extensions or more, depending on how voluminous you want your hairstyle to be
Part3 Caring for Your Hair Afterwards
- Take extra time for hair care. Hair extensions tangle easily and extra hair means you'll take longer in the shower. Make sure to account for having more hair in the morning. Give yourself an extra 10 to 15 minutes to get ready every day.
- Brush your hair regularly. Extensions are prone to tangling. To keep your hair looking fresh and natural, brush your hair at least twice a day while your extensions are in place.
- Remember, hair care may take extra time when you're wearing extensions.
- Synthetic extensions are more prone to tangle than human hair extensions.